Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2007

Its gone again... Time

I’m sitting at home in a power cut!!! Told it is going to get worse and more frequent during the summer months... Ugh!! Think I will buy a small portable generator. Can use it here for a few months and then take it home and use on the boat. I know what you are thinking ‘Writing on a computer without power?’. Well I’m using a laptop….

Reread my last few Blog entries a bit earlier this evening. Boring or what? Lets be honest here, they were not very exciting. They lacked any real interest and nothing new. But and a big But at that….on the good side (Thank God) no video.

Having read my last Blog I realized yet again time is flying in Karachi. But there are happenings. On the work front I visited a steel rolling factory last week situated about 1 hour out of Karachi. The landscape is flat and barren. Like any shrub land on the edge of a desert which it is. I had years ago visited Gujarat in West India. Its next door and exactly the same.

On the ‘fun’ side. Last Friday evening I went down to the Rose and Crown and had a few beers followed by a night cap of real whiskey. Slept well. I say real whiskey as it was Famous Grouse whereas the local Brewery ‘Murree’ which also produces whiskey really produces alcohol essence to which they add essence of whiskey. Not the same taste as the real stuff and definitely not the same feeling next morning. Not so much a hangover but a sort of muggy feeling like you drank or ate something that did not fully agree 100% with you. It was a good night and I am going back next week for a St Georges 'knees up' night, what ever that is. I’ve paid my 500 rupees entrance and intend to enjoy it to the full with an edited report on events to you next week. No photos taken after 10.00pm!!!!!.

I’ve also been in touch this week with my friend Shahzar about sailing and possibly fishing this coming weekend. Lots to look forward to.

But the best news for me is that on the 25 th April that’s next Wednesday I am off to Hong Kong and China, yes China for a meeting in Beijing. I leave here at 2.00 am on Wednesday and should be in our Hong Kong offices at 2.40 in the afternoon. Beijing next morning. A first for me. I’ve never been to Beijing before. So should be interesting. The place is getting ready for the Olympics and so there will be lots to see. On my way back I am stopping off in Thailand and having the weekend with Wanna. She will then come back to Karachi with me which is great. I’ll post a few photos of that. The plan is to have Friday evening in Bangkok and Saturday in Pattaya then back to Karachi on Sunday evening.

We are off to Seychelles on 5th May for about 15 days. Catching up with Owen and Charles and Lynnie. Am really looking forward to that. Sure I'll be adding a few photos to my Seychelles Web for that one. And of course a few Blog entries complete with video.

I nearly forget. As you know I have been taking a few videos and posting them via 'you tube'. Well about 2 weeks ago I had a message via 'you tube'. Someone, unknown to me recognized my driver in the video. It’s a 3 second shot and there are millions of videos on 'you tube'. Just think about it. Someone recognizing my driver!!! That’s incredible and that’s worth writing into the Blog!!!

No comments:

The secret to "Success" ..... is never, never, give up trying.