Pages

Thursday 30 August 2007

Parata and eggs

There was me a few days ago in Bangkok and arriving back in Karachi wondering why was I back......

Well without thinking I came to the office as usual this morning and without thinking ordered a Parata and fried egg for my breakfast. The Parata is a flat bread that originated in the subcontinent. It is usually made with whole wheat flour, pan fried in ghee / cooking oil, and often stuffed with vegetables, especially boiled potatoes, radish or cauliflower. Me I have mine as oil free as possible and plain. Might move over to fillings in due course, and a fried egg cooked in minimal fat. Washed down with a strong cup of Liptons!! Good start to the day. I must be far more settled here than I realised.

No comments:

The secret to "Success" ..... is never, never, give up trying.