Pages

Friday 11 April 2008

More local site visits




With only a few months to go I realise I must make a real effort and make sure I cover as much as possible. We, again me and my main man Khalid! visited the Mosque Masjid-E-Tooba. Its an enormous building built between 1993 and 1996, not old but well worth the visit. From an engineering point of view it is impressive as it is a 'shell structure' with a span of over 212 foot. Believe me once inside you realise just how big it is. Holds up to 5,000 thousand worshipers. In Pakistan it is only the men who go in mosques. I have not idea why this is or indeed where the women go to worship. Strange to me.
I did also see a humourous side. There are digital clocks everywhere. I thought this was high tech stuff established to let you know sun rise sun set etc. What was funny to me was that inside the main building the clocks had different times!

No comments:

The secret to "Success" ..... is never, never, give up trying.