Pages

Friday 23 November 2007

The Kings 80th Birthday..? Who...Elvis?...

What am I talking about? The King? Elvis, but he's dead ? And Pakistan has a President and given the current political situation I of all people should be aware of that. So just who am I talking about.


The King of Thailand is who I am referring to. His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej. It is his 80th Birthday on 5th December and Wanna having met several Thai ladies (see earlier posting) has been invited to the celebrations at the Thai Consulate. But as part of the deal she got roped into a practice singing session in readiness of the big event. Its great as she now has contacts in Karachi and meeting lots of new people. All bodes well for the future.


I do find it strange seeing Thai ladies in Pakistan dress styles. But leaving that aside they are all so welcoming and I can for see some good times ahead. Probably starting with the Celebrations next week.


After that there are more events leading up to Christmas. That's at the British High Commission on 11th December.

No comments:

The secret to "Success" ..... is never, never, give up trying.